|By Business Wire||
|August 28, 2014 12:37 PM EDT||
Zayo Group, LLC (“Zayo”) today announced its Connect to the Cloud platform, a program enabling connectivity to multiple cloud providers and over 500 data centers worldwide. The expanded program offers a direct connect option to many leading cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Softlayer.
Zayo’s cloud program is designed to simplify shopping for cloud connectivity and assist customers with operating a “hybrid” cloud. By leveraging Zayo’s extensive network to access the cloud as opposed to public internet, customers gain access to reliable, secure, high-bandwidth connectivity that provides a better cloud experience. Customers are also able to connect their private data centers with the same reliable, predictable network they have used to connect data centers in the past.
“More and more companies are relying on some form of cloud computing,” said John Real, vice president of strategic channels at Zayo Group. “It’s clear that the business landscape is changing, and with so much critical business intelligence now residing in the cloud, it is crucial to have reliable network connectivity. Zayo’s Connect to the Cloud platform provides that connectivity.”
In 2011, Zayo became one of the first providers to offer direct bandwidth up to 10G through the AWS Direct Connect portal and in 2013, announced it had become an Amazon Partner Network (APN) Technology Partner. As an APN, Zayo provides private networks with circuits to enable connectivity to each AWS Direct Connect location.
Zayo’s fiber optic network extends more than 77,000 route miles and includes more than 14,000 on-net buildings, providing connectivity to the majority of data centers and carrier hotels in the U.S. Zayo is continually onboarding new cloud providers and offers multiple options to connect to the cloud including Ethernet, IP VPN, and wavelengths up to 10G.
For more information about Zayo and its Connect to the Cloud platform, visit www.zayo.com.
About Zayo Group
Based in Boulder, Colo., Zayo Group provides comprehensive Bandwidth Infrastructure services in over 295 markets throughout the U.S. and Europe. Zayo delivers a full suite of lit services and dark fiber products to wireline and wireless customers, data centers, Internet content providers, high-bandwidth enterprises, and government agencies across its robust 77,000 route mile network. The company also offers 27 carrier-neutral colocation facilities across the U.S. Please visit www.zayo.com for more information about Zayo and its fiber solutions.
- [slides] Government Cloud | @CloudExpo @Govplace #IoT #FedRAMP #ITIL
- Surviving the Coming 'Hackerpocalypse' | @CloudExpo #API #Cloud #Security
- Government Can Influence Cloud Interoperability | @CloudExpo #API #SaaS #Cloud #FedRAMP
- TAP Accelerates #ArtificialIntelligence | @CloudExpo #AI #BigData #Hadoop
- NATO ACT 'Art of the Possible' Interoperability Demonstration
- Should Data Centers Think? | @CloudExpo #Cloud #Agile #Analytics #DataCenter
- The Path to Your Future | @CloudExpo #AI #ML #Cloud #DigitalTransformation
- The Enterprise Network | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #DigitalTransformation
- Business Chatbots Taking Over | @CloudExpo #AI #ML #IoT #M2M #Cloud
- CloudMASTER® Pays Well In The US Great Northwest
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Cloud Expo New York to Attract More Than 8,000 Delegates
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Industry Experts Discuss the State of Cloud Computing
- Publishing Synergy: Blog, Twitter and Ulitzer
- The Five Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- NPR Asks: Will Cloud Computing Work in the White House?
- CIA was Headed to an Enterprise Cloud All Along: Jill Tummler Singer
- Cloud Expo New York Speaker Profile: Jill T. Singer – Federal CIO Emeritus