|By PR Newswire||
|August 28, 2014 09:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Vormetric, a leader in enterprise data security for physical, virtual, big data and cloud environments, today announced that the Vormetric Data Security Platform has been named the Gold winner in the "Security and Compliance for Virtualized Environments" category for the Best of VMworld 2014 awards. The platform provides data-at-rest encryption, access controls and security intelligence across cloud and virtualized environments, big data implementations and data centers.
The Best of VMworld 2014 awards are provided to the most innovative and high-performing products in the server virtualization, cloud computing and end-user computing markets. A panel of judges consisting of experts and editors evaluated 179 nominated products in nine categories on display at VMworld 2014 for innovation, value, performance, reliability and ease of use – selecting Vormetric as the Gold winner in this category.
Best Security/Compliance solution for Virtual Environments @VMworld 2014 -
"As enterprises strive to benefit from their internal, external and hybrid cloud deployments they have to solve a critical problem – how to protect data within these environments while meeting compliance requirements and preventing data breaches," said Tina Stewart, vice president of marketing for Vormetric. "Our data security platform provides essential elements of the solution to this problem – enabling them to take full advantage of the business agility, cost advantages and efficiencies available from cloud deployments."
The Vormetric Data Security Platform helps organizations meet compliance and regulatory requirements for protecting data-at-rest regardless of where that data is stored – in traditional physical systems, virtual environments public and private clouds:
- Vormetric Transparent Encryption protects data-at-rest at the OS and file system level with the encryption, access controls and data access monitoring information required for compliance as well as protection against malicious insiders and advanced malware attacks
- Vormetric Application Encryption enables developers to easily build encryption for individual fields and columns that contain sensitive information (such as social security numbers, passwords, addresses and phone numbers) into their applications
"We're honored to be recognized as a Best of VMworld Gold winner this year," said C.J. Radford vice president of cloud for Vormetric. "We owe this award to the strong support of our customers and partners as well as the strength of our services, support and product development organizations. By taking a data centric approach, Vormetric enables enterprises to take advantage of next generation software defined data center technologies while safeguarding confidential information and meeting compliance requirements. Our unique architecture also enables cloud and managed service providers to address end customer data ownership and security concerns resulting in new revenue opportunities."
For more information, visit: www.vormetric.com
Vormetric (@Vormetric) is the industry leader in data security solutions that span physical, virtual, big data, and cloud environments. With data at risk as never before, Vormetric helps over 1400 customers, including 17 of the Fortune 30 and many of the world's most security conscious government organizations, to meet compliance requirements and protect what matters — their sensitive data — from both internal and external threats. The company's scalable Vormetric Data Security Platform protects any file, any database and any application —anywhere it resides — with a high performance, market-leading data security platform that incorporates application transparent encryption, privileged user access controls, automation and security intelligence.
- [slides] Government Cloud | @CloudExpo @Govplace #IoT #FedRAMP #ITIL
- Surviving the Coming 'Hackerpocalypse' | @CloudExpo #API #Cloud #Security
- Government Can Influence Cloud Interoperability | @CloudExpo #API #SaaS #Cloud #FedRAMP
- TAP Accelerates #ArtificialIntelligence | @CloudExpo #AI #BigData #Hadoop
- NATO ACT 'Art of the Possible' Interoperability Demonstration
- Should Data Centers Think? | @CloudExpo #Cloud #Agile #Analytics #DataCenter
- The Path to Your Future | @CloudExpo #AI #ML #Cloud #DigitalTransformation
- The Enterprise Network | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #DigitalTransformation
- Business Chatbots Taking Over | @CloudExpo #AI #ML #IoT #M2M #Cloud
- CloudMASTER® Pays Well In The US Great Northwest
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Cloud Expo New York to Attract More Than 8,000 Delegates
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Industry Experts Discuss the State of Cloud Computing
- Publishing Synergy: Blog, Twitter and Ulitzer
- The Five Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- NPR Asks: Will Cloud Computing Work in the White House?
- CIA was Headed to an Enterprise Cloud All Along: Jill Tummler Singer
- Cloud Expo New York Speaker Profile: Jill T. Singer – Federal CIO Emeritus